What is a fair settlement if my daughter and I was rear ended by a drunk driver while stopped at a red light? 3 Answers as of September 12, 2014

My daughter and I was rear ended by a drunk driver while stopped at a red light. This was the drunk drivers second DUI, his previous DUI was 6 weeks prior from him rear ending us causing $6000 in damages to my car, my daughter had a sprain wrist and I have a small herniated disc. We both went to the ER the day after the accident for X-rays. We both had to be seen by an orthopedic doctor to have an MRI. My daughter was released from doctor’s care after PT. I'm still going to PT, due to pain in my lower back. This accident has cost $6000 in car damage, $10,000 in medical bills thus far. But it's also cost me a great deal of stress and anxiety. At the time of the accident I had quit my job to be a full time caretaker to my parents , my dad had been diagnosed with cancer and had passed away a year prior and I was still caretaker to my 76 year old mother due to legal and estate issues . Since this accident I have not slept through the night due to the pain I have in my lower back that radiates into my hips. Please advice on what would be a fair settlement. I am anxious to put this stress and anxiety caused by someone that chose to drive drunk behind me. Thank you.

The limits of the liability policy of the responsible driver, and the limits of your underinsured policy would be the place to start. Contact my office for a free consultation, or if you are not in my area, I will be happy to refer you to competent counsel in your area.
There are so many variables, there is no way to tell without more information. With an attorney the case will be worth a lot more money. What did MRI show? Do you owe subrogation? Any long term injuries? Talk to an attorney, you will get more money.
You really don't give enough information to answer the question. Case values vary significantly from case to case and place to place. Experienced injury lawyers are generally familiar with them. Consider consulting one.