What evidence will a please officer need against me? 1 Answers as of April 20, 2011

I was accused of running over and officers foot and he wrote me up for assault. But he was no where near my car when I pulled away what does he need to file for evidence to prove his case

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of Neal L. Weinstein
Law Office of Neal L. Weinstein | Neal L. Weinstein
He needs to file a police report of the incident. Once you are arraigned and plead not guilty, the state (DA) is required by law, to give you a copy of the police report. You can read it and see what the cop is saying. If you have witnesses or pictures or video showing that he is wrong, you should bring those with you to court on the trial date, and show the DA. You should also immediately hire an attorney as assault on a police officer is usually a jail and serious offense. If you can't afford an attorney, a free one will be appointed if you are indigent and are facing jail.
Answer Applies to: Maine
Replied: 4/20/2011
Click to View More Answers: