What employee rights do I have if any? 3 Answers as of August 21, 2015

My employer is expecting workers to come in on their day off to work without pay. I work a route-sales position and if I don't meet my sales quota then I have to work on my day off without pay and try to make more sales. If I refuse, my job is threatened. Is this legal?

KEYL ADR Services, LLC | Mark D. Keyl
US Department of Labor requires that you must be paid for all hours worked. MS is an employment at will State, so the employer controls the relationship.
I cannot formulate an answer without further information. Generally you cannot be compelled to work without pay, but on the other hand if you are commissioned and not an hourly employee you can have a quota and your pay can be dependent upon your reaching it. You may wish to speak with an attorney regarding your particular circumstances, rights, and obligations.
WILLIAM L SANDERS, ATTORNEY AT LAW | William L. Sanders
Yes, in GA, this is legal, so long as you are paid minimum wage or more. Employer may change hours and pay, as they wish, and you can elect to continue to work there or not. If you are not in GA, resubmit your question, and identify your state.