What else can I do if my someone shot my cars and I have already filed a claim on my insurance? 5 Answers as of September 17, 2013

A drunken person shot at my two cars parked in the apartment complex around 2:00 AM while we were sleeping. One car sustained three bullets and the other got two. The shooting does not appear to be intentional per the deputy's response to my question. The deputy also said that there were two other cars damaged due to this random shooting. I filed a claim with the insurance and that is in process.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Offices of Ronald A. Steinberg & Associates | Ronald A. Steinberg, BA, MA, JD
You file a claim for the second incident. Your car was legally parked, and as long as you did not do it, you have no reason to avoid reporting both incidents. I suggest that you get copies of both police reports, just in case.
Answer Applies to: Michigan
Replied: 9/17/2013
S. Joseph Schramm | Joseph Schramm
Theoretically, you could file a civil action against the person for the damage he did to your property, but if the insurance company pays for the damage to your cars, it will probably file a subrogation case against the person to seek reimbursement for the money it paid to you or the person who repairs your cars.
Answer Applies to: Pennsylvania
Replied: 9/12/2013
Candiano Law Office
Candiano Law Office | Charles J. Candiano
Just hope that you had "comprehensive" coverage on the cars.
Answer Applies to: Illinois
Replied: 9/12/2013
Gates' Law, PLLC | Thomas E. Gates
There is no more that you can do unless your damages are not paid. At that point you can take him to small claims.
Answer Applies to: Washington
Replied: 9/12/2013
Andrew T. Velonis, P.C.
Andrew T. Velonis, P.C. | Andrew Velonis
You filed a claim with your insurance. That's it.
Answer Applies to: New York
Replied: 9/12/2013
Click to View More Answers: