What is Eb1 eligibity criteria? 3 Answers as of November 10, 2010

I am a PhD and currently working on H1B in a reputed hospital as a post-doctoral research fellow. I have about 3 years of experience after my PhD. I have 7 publications in total (3 of them in high impact paper). I have my personal research grant for my work for 3 years. I have presented my work in 2 international conferences and can get good references from scientific community both directly and indirectly related to my work including employment letter. I have mentored students/technicians at my work place and also supervised their work. Are the above credentials enough for me to apply for green card under EB1 A or EB1B category? If not, what more may be required for me to be eligible for Eb1? I do not want Eb2 as for China it has very long wait.

You can read about the eligibility criteria for EB1 on the USCIS website but typically what you have indicated does not sound like it would be sufficient for an approval these days.

Please feel free to contact me directly if you have any additional questions or if I can be of further assistance to you in this matter.
Given the fact that you may have work experience in an equivalent area in addition to your work after your PhD, your degree of published, presumably peer-reviewed research work, and the ability to obtain plenty of testimonials that you are a person of extraordinary and exceptional ability beyond the ability of your employer to match you on the part of an American
counterpart, and you are in a scientific or technological field granted Priority Status by the CIS and State Department under the Immigration and Nationality Act, you are likely to have a good chance of success on the EB-1 visa. I'm available to discuss more questions on your part in an in-person or phone consultation. Contact me by e-mail or phone. Best to you.
JCS Immigration & Visa Law Office
JCS Immigration & Visa Law Office | Jack C. Sung
You are a hopeful candidate for EB-1. If you wish to discuss further, you can send me your CV, I can review it further and comment.