What is the easiest way to get my idea patented and to market? How? 3 Answers as of June 04, 2015

I have an idea going on 10 plus years. I have researched it to a point, I have not seen it out there. What is the easiest way to get it out on the market? I want to work with a specialization physician. I have taken this to an engineer about a year ago. He was impressed and told me how to approach it, but was too expensive to work with. Thank you for a response.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Banner & Witcoff, Ltd. | Ernie Linek
File a provisional application before the one-year deadline based on your discussion with the engineer - which may be considered a public disclosure. After one year - you will be barred from filing a patent application on the invention.
Answer Applies to: Massachusetts
Replied: 6/4/2015
Sebby Law Office
Sebby Law Office | Jayne Sebby
There is no quick or easy way to obtain a patent and develop a market for a product. especially if this is a medical device. However, if you can find an existing company to purchase/license your product and do the marketing for you, that would save you a fair amount of time and trouble. It's probably best if you have already applied for a patent before showing your product to anyone else. Working with a registered patent attorney will also save you time and money.
Answer Applies to: Nebraska
Replied: 6/4/2015
Law Office of Kirk Buhler
Law Office of Kirk Buhler | Kirk A Buhler
The patent office operates on first-to-file basis and patent applications must be filed within one-year of your first public disclosure. Your first step should be to have a patent search performed. Looking for the product "out there" is not the same. If the search does not find a similar or obvious variation of your invention then you should prepare and file a patent application. Once you are patent pending you should begin to try and sell and market your invention. You should contact a patent law firm to get a consultation. You should be able to locate one that will give you a free initial consultation.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 6/4/2015
Click to View More Answers: