What is the easiest way to get a divorce from a common law marriage? 1 Answers as of June 20, 2011

If you signed common law marriage papers and your common law husband is in prison, what is the easiest way to get divorced?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Reeves Law Firm, P.C.
Reeves Law Firm, P.C. | Roy L. Reeves
Once married, common law or ceremonial, the marriage is recognized and the divorce process is the same for either. Since he is in prison, the easiest way is to serve him with an agreed divorce papers and hope he signs. If not, then "Serve" the papers - this is a little tricky but possible, and then since he will not be present - it is a default get the divorce. My firm can assist you with this matter if you are in Collin County or Dallas County. We offer a one stop, fixed price packet in a case like this one.
Answer Applies to: Texas
Replied: 6/20/2011
Click to View More Answers: