What does this mean to amend charging information? 8 Answers as of February 01, 2016

The prosecuting attorney sent me a letter moves the court to amend the charging information to correct the following immaterial defects. The correct victim entity is Walmart. They are trying to charge me with theft and I didn't even walk out the door yet.

Chambers Law Firm
Chambers Law Firm | Dan E. Chambers
It means that the prosecutor is changing the charging document. What you describe might be a material change that would require a formal motion to amend the information. You should consult an attorney or talk to your current attorney about your options.
Theft is a crime of moral turpitude, and if convicted you can kiss your career aspirations goodbye. Hire a lawyer before you get duped into a plea you will regret for life.
Get an attorney, you do not have to walk out the door.
The Rogers Law Firm
The Rogers Law Firm | Andrea Storey Rogers
It means the Prosecutor is making a correction to the charging information. Any errors on the ticket/citation can be corrected at any time (up to and including the date of trial) by the Prosecutor. It doesn't matter if you didn't actually leave the store with the item what matters is that the security guard or other store employee saw you making efforts to conceal an item, which implies that you were not planning on paying for it. That qualifies as shoplifting. I suggest you hire an attorney to represent you if you want to avoid having a conviction on your record for stealing.
What is your question? Amendment means there was a mistaken on the charging document, the document you will sign when you have a jury trial, saying you need a jury trial, because according to your defense, you did not walk out of the store.
    Anderson Law Office
    Anderson Law Office | Scott L. Anderson
    The prosecutor has the right to amend a charge during the proceeding. You should contact an attorney asap regarding potential defenses to your case.
    Attorney at Law
    Attorney at Law | Michael J. Kennedy
    It means whatever they originally charged needs to be corrected and they are amending it to correct whatever it was. You don't have to walk out the door to be guilty of theft.
    Law Office of Russell A. Warren
    Law Office of Russell A. Warren | Russell A. Warren
    That is just what it says it is. The prosecutor is "amending" or correcting the "charging information" to correctly reflect the circumstances of your case.