What does review of jail time mean? 6 Answers as of August 04, 2011

I got arrested, got released and got ordered to take drug classes. I'm on summary probation. Its been a month and I have a court date and it says for review of jail time and I'm ordered to serve 90 days. Is that if I dont do what im supposed to do? Do you think im going to have to do the 90 days? Why would they have me attending classes twice a week if they are just going to sentence me?

Lowenstein Law Office
Lowenstein Law Office | Anthony Lowenstein
It depends on several factors.
You really do not provide sufficient information to answer the question. It could be a number of things. The best thing for you to do is contact a local criminal attorney in your area and ask for a free consultation.
A.L.A. Law Group, LLP
A.L.A. Law Group, LLP | Lauren M. Mayfield
Most likely you will just have to go and show proof of classes and complying with court orders as part of summary probation. Probation may also submit a report. You should check in with your probation officer and make sure you are in compliance with everything you are supposed to do. Make sure you have paid all of your fees prior to going into court.
That means, you will automatically serve 90 days if you fail to complete the classes.
There is no way of knowing what the judge will do without reviewing all your probation and sentencing terms, and your proof of compliance. You have been sentenced and ordered to do certain things. The judge will review your proofs of progress and completion to decide whether to order you to jail or not. This is all information and procedure your attorney should have explained at the time. If serious about hiring counsel to consult with or represent you in this, feel free to contact me.
    Wallin & Klarich: A Law Corporation
    Wallin & Klarich: A Law Corporation | Paul Wallin
    If the judge said you would serve 90 days that can mean you will serve 90 days or it can mean you could do 90 days depending upon how you do in the drug classes. You need to speak to your lawyer about this as I assume you have a lawyer on your case that you have retained.