What does petitioning for my wife entail? 1 Answers as of June 28, 2011

My fiancee is here on an esta visa. The immigration office said that after we get married I can petition for her to stay. What all does this entail?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of Christine Troy
Law Office of Christine Troy | Christine Troy
There are two ways for a person to obtain a green card through marriage. One is in the US and one is abroad via consular processing. You should consult with a competent immigration attorney now to determine eligibility for either option. I do not recommend calling DHS for assistance as they often give incorrect advice. I am happy to do a consult with you- my fee is $150 and the consult is one hour but otherwise call someone!
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 6/28/2011
Click to View More Answers: