What does my husband need to become a permanent resident of the US? 11 Answers as of December 04, 2013

I am an American citizen and my husband is a United Kingdom citizen. He is here on a student visa. We married on July 2, 2013. What steps and documents do we/he need to acquire legal/permanent residency in the United States?

You just need to petition for him and he will have his permanent residence within about 5-7 months, on average.
Law Office of Adebola Asekun | Adebola O. Asekun
File forms I-130 petition for alien relative and Form I-485 adjustment of status application (green card) and other sundry documents and forms and fees with USICS. You will both be asked to appear for a joint status interview at your local CIS office within 6 months and if properly done, we will obtain his green card within weeks of your interview.
Jason Karavias, Esq.
Jason Karavias, Esq. | Jason Karavias
You need to file an immigrant visa petition and your husband needs to file an adjustment of status application with USCIS. You should consult with an experienced immigration attorney to ensure that your husband meets all eligibility requirements for adjustment of status, that your case is filed with all necessary documentation to avoid delays and that you and your husband are fully prepared for the interview.
Havens & Lichtenberg PLLC
Havens & Lichtenberg PLLC | Michael Lichtenberg
Your husband needs forms I-130, I-485, I-864, I-765, G-325A, I-693, and I-131. Instructions and forms are posted at USCIS.gov
Law Office of Eric Fisher | Eric Fisher
You need to file an I-130 visa petition with supporting documents and your husband needs to file an I-485 application with supporting documents. The forms and instructions are available online at www.uscis.gov.
    Lana Kurilova Rich PLLC
    Lana Kurilova Rich PLLC | Lana Kurilova Rich
    You need to file the following USCIS forms, along with all the required supporting documentation: I-130 (with fee), I-485 (with fee), I-131 (no fee), I-765 (no fee). The supporting forms are G-325A and I-864. Plus, you have to submit his medical exam and there are other supporting documents needed. I hope this helps.
    Christian Schmidt, Attorney at Law
    Christian Schmidt, Attorney at Law | Christian Schmidt
    You must file an I-130 immigrant visa petition and your husband must file an I-485 application for adjustment of status. Both applications can be filed concurrently.
    You and your husband need to file a marriage-based adjustment of status request. You can find the forms and instructions at www.uscis.gov.
    Richard S. Kolomejec, Attorney at Law
    Richard S. Kolomejec, Attorney at Law | Richard S. Kolomejec
    You must file the following forms: I-485, I-130, G-325, I-864, I-765, I-131, WR-702, and G-28. The entire process takes two to three months from start to finish. You should consult with an experienced immigration attorney.
    Ben T. Liu Law Office
    Ben T. Liu Law Office | Ben T. Liu
    File I-130 and I-485 and related forms together.
    Calderón Seguin PLC
    Calderón Seguin PLC | Ofelia L. Calderon
    You need to file a petition on his behalf and he needs to apply for permanent residence. You can find this information on the uscis website, which has fairly complete description. Otherwise, you should consult with an experienced immigration attorney to advise you on the process.