What does it mean when the prosecutor is telling you to plead not guilty for dui? 2 Answers as of August 19, 2011

My 17 yr old got in an accident she is being charged with DUI. At the first court date the trooper prosecutor didn't show and this time we went to court again and he told her to plead not guilty and she already hasnt had a license for six months. She was not drinking and she didnt hit another car but was in and out of consciousness when he asked her questions. Also she doesnt remember anything suffered from a concussion and broke her neck in five places. One hospital said she was drunk and the other says she wasnt.

Harden Law Offices
Harden Law Offices | Leonard D. Harden
Call me to discuss case. There are many details I would need to know before giving any advice. Was daughter seriously hurt, blood tests done by state or only hospital, others in vehicle, date and location of accident, etc?? Pleading not guilty is always a good idea, but it is important that you talk to a lawyer ASAP to avoid any jeopardy for your daughter.
Watkins Law Office
Watkins Law Office | Bob Watkins
Sounds like you should have spoken to a qualified lawyer six months ago. It is complete speculation to guess about what the prosecutors intent was without some additional knowledge of the case.