What does it mean to get a notice of exempt property in bankruptcy? 6 Answers as of August 15, 2011

If I got a notice of exempt property, does that mean that the assets I wanted exempt are granted? What should I do next?

Lake Forest Bankruptcy
Lake Forest Bankruptcy | Anerio V. Altman, Esq.
Your question is unclear. Are you sure that the notice says "Notice of Exempt Property"? You may want to briefly consult an attorney to answer your question with that document in hand.
Law Office of Lynnmarie A. Johnson
Law Office of Lynnmarie A. Johnson | Lynnmarie Johnson
Generally that just lists the property that the trustee agrees are exempt. It may also list the ones that the trustee has not decided on yet or feels are at least partially non-exempt. You should call your attorney and ask them where you stand with the trustee at this point. God luck!
Property is claimed exempt in schedule C of the petition. The trustee has the right to object. If there is no objection the exemptions are allowed.
Ross Smith, Attorney at Law
Ross Smith, Attorney at Law | Charles Ross Smith III
It just means that the exemption were allowed, unless exceptions were noted. Check your Schedule C and see if any were left out. You do not need to do anything. Don't forget to take the second debtor education course. Good luck. Thank you for reading me. I hope you found this answer to be helpful. This answer is not intended to create an attorney/client relationship. It is general information that should be discussed with your own attorney. Because the law in other jurisdictions is different and the facts of each case are different, consumers cannot rely on the opinions expressed here.
Law Office of Maureen O' Malley
Law Office of Maureen O' Malley | Maureen O'Malley
I've never seen such a notice. I suggest you call your lawyer or the Bankruptcy Clerk.
    There is no such thing as such a notice IN a bankruptcy case. Such notices come from elsewhere. Since you do not know what you actually have, and it sounds like you were trying to be your own lawyer, get one before something unexpected happens.