What does it entail to adop a child? 1 Answers as of August 03, 2011

A woman in my neighborhood is pregnant but she is on a number of narcotics. I would like to adopt her baby before it goes into the system. What do I need to do to ensure I get the child?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of Patricia Van Haren
Law Office of Patricia Van Haren | Patricia Van Haren
If the woman consents to the adoption of her child, you will be able to bypass the social services system and be able to adopt the child. You would need to consult with an attorney to come up with a private adoption agreement so that you are able to bring the baby home from the hospital with you after the birth. If the mother does not consent, they will give her the opportunity to clean up prior to terminating her rights. You could seek to be a foster parent for the child to avoid the baby going to foster care.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 8/3/2011
Click to View More Answers: