What does information signed mean in a criminal background check? 4 Answers as of August 17, 2015

We are processing a background check for a potential employee and there were charges brought up over 5 years ago on him and the disposition states: "information signed". Does this mean guilty, no prosecution, no trial, deferred adjudication? Etc. For employment purposes I need to know what this might mean for the purposes of employment eligibility.

KEYL ADR Services, LLC | Mark D. Keyl
There is an information sheet that prefers the charge that is signed by the prosecutor. It is simply an allegation, nothing more.
Speak to an attorney, and seek the records. Generally it would mean there was an investigation but, unless there was an additional entry, no conviction.
WILLIAM L SANDERS, ATTORNEY AT LAW | William L. Sanders
I am not familiar with that term. My guess is that some one signed an application for a warrant ("took out a warrant." If that is what it means, it does not indicate a warrant ever issued, does not mean charges were ever brought, no plea was entered, nor did the case ever come to trial, and therefore there is no conviction. It would also be possible that the subject never knew about this, and therefore was truthful, since he/she did not know that any one tried to take out a warrant. It could also be that the prosecutor refused to issue the warrant because the application showed no crime was committed. I suggest you ask the maker of the report. It could be an error.
Fox & Fox, S.C. | Richard F. Rice
You would need to contact a local defense or prosecution attorney or the court to know for certain.