What does expungement mean and am I eligible? How? 7 Answers as of August 19, 2015

I was convicted in December 2011 for drug sales. The 2 cases ran concurrent. I was released from prison in 2013 was off parole in 2014. I haven’t been in trouble since. What does expungement mean, and am I eligible?

Law Office of Darin Kanfer | Darin J. Kanfer
If both cases were felonies, you are not eligible. Also, you must wait 5 years after your sentence ends.
As long as the conviction was not for a crime of violence and you did not use a weapon
LeadfootSpeedingTicket.com
LeadfootSpeedingTicket.com | Andrea Storey Rogers
Expungement means removing the conviction from your criminal record. You are not eligible for expungement. Missouri does not allow expungement of drug convictions.
Law Office of Edward J. Blum
Law Office of Edward J. Blum | Edward J. Blum
Expungement means you don't have to disclose conviction to employers. You are not eligible for expungement because you went to prison. You may be eligible for a certificate of rehabilitation.
I would have to know the details, and if this is pertaining to Michigan you have five years from the time that you have gone off of parole before you will be able to make an application for expungement if you qualify. Stay straight and counsel with an attorney to see what your rights may be. One thing I can guarantee you, any additional criminal convictions will make expungement impossible.
    Connell-Savela
    Connell-Savela | Jason Savela
    You will NOT be eligible to seal the record from public view unless the conviction was for possession, not sale/distribution.
    In Alabama the answer is no.