What does an Abstract of Judgement recorded in my name mean? 9 Answers as of June 23, 2011

On the County website I found an Abstract of Judgement in my name on June,2009. I am wondering exactly what that means. Can my bank account be attached by this company? Or must I be contacted? Or does it mean a levy on any property owned? What exactly must I worry about?

An abstract of judgement in California is lien on any real property you own now or may own in the future. If you file bankruptcy you must file a motion to have this lien avoided as it will survive your bankruptcy case and remain a lien. There is an additional fee for accomplishing this task and generally an appraisal is required.
CONSUMER PROTECTION ASSISTANCE COALITION, INC. (DE).
CONSUMER PROTECTION ASSISTANCE COALITION, INC. (DE). | Gary Lee Lane
Summary of judgment already against you.
A recorded Abstract Of Judgment is a lien on any real property you own. It also means there is a judgment against you and the creditor can garnishee bank accounts or wages as well.
Bird & VanDyke, Inc.
Bird & VanDyke, Inc. | David VanDyke
You must worry about all the above. The creditor who recorded the abstract now has a perfected lien against your home. They can garnish your wages and levy on your bank accounts with very little notice to you. Your options are to pay the debt in full or file bankruptcy.
Law Office of Jackie Robert Geller
Law Office of Jackie Robert Geller | Jackie Robert Geller
This means that someone obtained a judgment against you and recorded it in your county. It acts as a lien on all real property owned in that county. The creditor can collect by any legal means possible. Contact an attorney right away.
    An abstract of judgment is a lien on your real estate. If you own property now or in the future it can be levied upon (sold for the debt). This would also affect re-financing. Filing an abstract is basically a passive way to collect on a judgment debt. There are more active ways such as wage garnishment or bank account levy. You should probably consult an attorney in this regard as to your options.
    Ursula G. Barrios Law
    Ursula G. Barrios Law | Guillermo Machado
    You have a judgment against you. Creditor can garnish your wages or levy your bank account.
    The Law Office of Brian Nomi
    The Law Office of Brian Nomi | Brian H. Nomi
    It means that a creditor has a judgment against you, and seeks to enforce the judgment by obtaining a lien on any real property you have in this county. For further information, its best to consult with an experienced attorney. Any good attorney will give you a free initial consultation.
    Law Office of David P. Farrell
    Law Office of David P. Farrell | David Farrell
    Recording an abstract of judgment creates a lien against any real property you own that is located within the county in which the abstract was recorded. Doing so effectively turns an unsecured debt into a secured debt assuming you in fact own real property in that county. If you ever go to sell or refinance the property the lien will have to be satisfied in order for you to do so.