What documents do we need for immigration to the US? 3 Answers as of February 24, 2011

My husband is paying child support and they held his passport. What kind of documents including I.D's will we need to present? Since they hold is passport,will he need it?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Feldman Feldman & Associates, PC
Feldman Feldman & Associates, PC | Lynne Feldman
I would need to know what category you are immigrating in to more specifically advise on the documents required. Is your husband a U.S. citizen or citizen of another country? If you would like a consultation on the facts of your specific case feel free to contact me as indicated below. I do charge for consultations but whatever you pay for the consultation would then be a credit toward the fees for your case if we are retained for services after the consultation.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 2/24/2011
Law Office of Immigration & International Trade Law
Law Office of Immigration & International Trade Law | Linda Liang
A lot of information is needed to assess your case. It sounds like your husband has had encounter with ICE. It is time for you to hire a lawyer to represent you. Don't try to do this on your own. You are more than welcome to call us.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 2/6/2011
Law Office of Michael E. Hendrickson
Law Office of Michael E. Hendrickson | Michael E. Hendrickson
Yes, he will heed his passport and, therefore, assuming it's being held for back child support, he had best get these arrearages paid up.
Answer Applies to: Virginia
Replied: 2/5/2011
Click to View More Answers: