What documents do I need to shoot porn videos? 1 Answers as of September 26, 2016

Do I need a company (firm) to create 2257 that I begin?

Lawyer for Independent Media
Lawyer for Independent Media | Sue Basko
I am not sure what you are asking. If you want to create porn as a business, there are many laws to follow. Before you begin, you should consult with a lawyer or with several types of lawyers. You should also keep at least one lawyer on hand or on retainer the entire time and consult with her or him often. Zoning is one of the laws. Adult entertainment is another field of law, and involves such things as practical health rules, particularly in Los Angeles County, where condom use is required. There are also federal laws that require record keeping. There are also age laws. You also need to understand what constitutes obscenity versus what is pornography. You also need to understand laws about how you must distribute your porn to be certain it is never seen by anyone under age 18. If you are hiring people, you need to follow regular employment law and also employment law for the adult entertainment industry. Most likely you will be hiring people who are freelance or self-employed. You will most likely do that through a third party film company that issues paychecks to film casts and crews. Your own entity can be a production company or it can be a series of production companies. Many film companies make a new production company for each film. As you can see, it is not a matter of which documents you need. You need to know and understand a whole body of laws from different fields of law, including all those already listed and also copyright and trademark. There are no shortcuts. You need to invest in good legal help before you begin and all while running such a business. You also need people who actually know how to do lighting, camera, editing, audio and directing specifically for porn. You will also need at least one good bodyguard.