What do you think will happen after the deferred sentence was revoked? 2 Answers as of May 04, 2016

My daughter was sentenced to 9 months unsupervised probation for theft (1st). She had to do a 24 hour community service and pay restitution of $170. She completed this. She also had to take a theft class that she did not complete. She honestly thought she completed all that was required. Last week, she got a letter that she did not complete the class and that deferred sentence was revoked. She filed a motion with the court for my time to complete the class as that is what the DA suggested. Today, we got notice that the motion was denied as the people already filed the motion to revoke her original sentence. I am scared that she will go to jail when we go to court next month.

Miller & Harrison, LLC
Miller & Harrison, LLC | David Harrison
Sometimes people care given additional time to complete a requirement of the deferred sentence if there is a good reason it was not done when originally required. At worst I would expect the person to have the conviction enter (so no more deferred sentence) and be required to do the program. I think it is unlikely jail would be imposed, but it depends on many factors (county, facts of case, etc.)
Attorney & Counselor at Law
Attorney & Counselor at Law | John Hugger
Hire an attorney and get her into the class ASAP!