What do you do if you have nobody you can name as executor of your will? 2 Answers as of February 22, 2016

All possible people to name are either deceased or too far away.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Ashcraft & Ashcraft, Ltd.
Ashcraft & Ashcraft, Ltd. | Randall C. Romei
An Executor named by the Testator under a Will does not have to be a relative. It can be a friend. An out of state person can serve as executor, even if that person may have to rely on an in-state attorney to assist with ministerial acts. A financial institution may be willing to serve as an executor. If you are considering a financial institution you should speak with the institution to make sure they are willing. Typically, a financial institution will turn down the opportunity if the estate is below a minimum value. Some attorneys are willing to serve as executors.
Answer Applies to: Illinois
Replied: 2/22/2016
Shimberg and Crohn, P.C. | Jonathan Shimberg
Talk to a friend and see if they are wiling to help. Who are you leaving your property to. The law does not require that the executor live in the state. It also depends on how much you have.
Answer Applies to: Illinois
Replied: 2/18/2016
Click to View More Answers: