What do we need to remove our alcoholic sibling to the will of my grandmother? 6 Answers as of February 16, 2017

There were talks prior to remove my alcoholic sibling who has lost all his jobs from my grandmothers will. Before anything could get done she passed away. My family wants to know if we can remove him from the will so he cannot receive money and spend it on drugs.

No! As soon as she died, the Willis written in stone. You can not change any of the provisions nor put any restrictions on him. Sit down with him and tell him that if he blows the inheritance on drugs and alcohol, none of you will give him a penny, and make him believe it. Perhaps tell him you will pay or pay a part of his getting treatment. He is not going to change unless he really wants to; you owe him nothing. Point out to him how little he will get once he uses up all the money, assuming he can get some type of government assistance.
Law Offices of Robert P Bergman
Law Offices of Robert P Bergman | Robert P. Bergman
If your mother has already died, it's too late to do anything about her Will. I'm sorry.
No.
Law Office of Jeffrey T. Reed | Jeffrey T. Reed
It's probably too late to remove him from the will, but there may be terms in the will to limit payments to him. You should take everything to an attorney to see if anything can be done.
Unfortunately, now that your grandmother is deceased, no, the will cannot be changed. However, I suggest you have the will reviewed by an attorney to make sure that her grandson is truly a beneficiary of the will.