What do we need to get my wife's citizenship process started? 8 Answers as of June 08, 2011

My wife and I were just recently married on May 25,2011. i'm a US citizen, and she's an immigrant. We are planning to go to a lawyer soon to get her citizenship/greencard process started, but we don't know what papers to bring for the lawyer or where to start.

The best thing I can tell you to do is to pick an attorney that you want to use and let them tell you what they want you to bring with you to get the process going. I can assure you that they have a document checklist for this sort of things. Good luck!
Just call up the lawyer whom you intend to consult or hire in the matter and he or she will explain exactly what documents you need to bring for the office interview.
My recommendation is to ask that attorney as each one has different documents they want to see up front. To read about the two types of green card processing for your type of case, please go to my website.
Contact my office for a free consultation so I can go through everything with you.
The thing to do is see the lawyer. You make sure you have the marriage license, and plenty of pictures of the wedding. That helps prove the marriage is entered for love, not for getting the visa. The application process is a two-step one: the I-130 petition, and the I-485 adjustment of status application. An attorney can help guide you through the rest of the process. If you wish for me to give that help, please feel free to call or e-mail to set up a consultation.