What do we need to do to bring our elderly grandparents to visit from Mexico to the US? 4 Answers as of September 26, 2014

My mother (US citizen) wants to bring my elderly grandparents here to California, can we apply for a sponsorship and how much is the process?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
SwagatUSA, LLC
SwagatUSA, LLC | Dhenu Savla
Your grandparents, assuming that they are otherwise eligible, can apply for tourist visas to visit the US. Your mom can be a financial sponsor. I'm not clear what you mean by "how much is the process?" If you mean the cost for tourist visas, please look at the website of the US Consulate. Hiring an attorney does not guarantee approval of tourist visas. If you are referring to your mother petitioning your grandparents, then you would need to contact attorneys to get an idea of attorney fees.
Answer Applies to: Illinois
Replied: 9/26/2014
Law Offices of Svetlana Boukhny
Law Offices of Svetlana Boukhny | Svetlana Boukhny
If you just want them to come to visit, they need to apply for tourist visas and try to bring as much documentation with them as possible to show that they do not intend to immigrate to the US but that they will return to Mexico after the brief visit. Your parents can provide an affidavit of support for them but there is no guarantee that the visas will be granted just because of that. Please let me know if you have any additional questions or how I can be of further assistance to you in this matter.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 9/23/2014
Law Offices of Linda Rose Fessler | Linda Fessler
They need to get a B-2 visa.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 9/22/2014
Morales & O'Connor, PLLC
Morales & O'Connor, PLLC | Myron Morales
You have the option of a visitor's visa for a short visit or applying for residence on their behalf for them to live in the US.
Answer Applies to: Texas
Replied: 9/22/2014
Click to View More Answers: