What do we do with my parent’s timeshare if none of the children want it? 2 Answers as of April 08, 2015

My step mother and father past away. In the will, it didn’t state what should be done with the timeshare.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Stephens Gourley & Bywater | David A. Stephens
You can sell it, although it may take a court order to pass title.
Answer Applies to: Nevada
Replied: 4/8/2015
Goldsmith & Guymon
Goldsmith & Guymon | Dara Goldsmith
Legally through probate it would pass to the remainder beneficiaries. If the reminder beneficiaries are not interested in receiving it the Estate may liquidate it through probate, seek authority to distribute it to a person who wants it, or abandon it. These all should be addressed with probate counsel. Time shares are not easy to deal with. Your parents estates may be liable for expenses even if abandoned. Oftentimes timeshares are one of the costliest items to deal with in probate.
Answer Applies to: Nevada
Replied: 4/8/2015
Click to View More Answers: