What do we do to get full custody of his 2 children? 3 Answers as of December 01, 2014

My significant other and I have been together 7 years. We have full custody of our 6 children. Three of the children are his from his previous relationship whom he is still married to. He received full custody through DCFS Court and she was granted an hour of supervised visits a week, which of course she never utilized. He was granted full custody due to her not finishing a drug treatment program and not taking required drug tests. She even moved while the children were in foster care. The children are now 17, 15, and 12 and want nothing to do with her. We just received divorce papers which are asking for joint custody of the 15 and 12 year old and full custody of the 17 year old, due to the fact that he is not biologically my boyfriend’s, but has known him as his dad. She has lived in a state for the past couple of years and the paperwork states she has been a resident of a county for 3 months which is false. The children now call me mom and we have raised all 6 of them knowing each other as brother and sister. They are amazing children who get great grades and have a strong strive for life. What would be the best way to answer her judgment?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Offices of John F. Nicholson
Law Offices of John F. Nicholson | John F. Nicholson
You have a lot going for you and mom shouldn't get anything out of this except for a small amount of visitation. She is not getting custody of anyone. However, you need an attorney to guide you through this minefield. Also, jurisdiction is where the children live. If mom lives in another state she needs to file in the county where the children reside.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 12/1/2014
Law Office of L. Paul Zahn
Law Office of L. Paul Zahn | Paul Zahn
You need to hire an attorney as there are many complex custody issues (and perhaps jurisdictional ones as well).
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 11/26/2014
The Law Offices of Tres A. Porter | Tres A. Porter
You should consult with an experienced family law attorney in your area as soon as possible. I am located in downtown Fresno, California. However, generally speaking, if she is requesting orders from a different state, I would suggest you discussing contesting jurisdiction with a lawyer as soon as possible.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 11/26/2014
Click to View More Answers: