What do we do if the owner of the car is deceased? 3 Answers as of February 25, 2015

A member of an immediate family had been deceased for more than a year, his car, and all of his belongings went to his children (both under 18). But the deceased had put the car into his own name and his own business and him being the sole CEO (everything) of that company. Now the problem is that the remaining car cannot be registered or driven or even fixed without the company being dissolved, and the assistant who was supposed to dissolve it doesn't know how and has no intention to. The family has no clue what to do with the paperwork if they got it.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office Of Victor Waid
Law Office Of Victor Waid | Victor Waid
Obtain the services of a probate lawyer to assist you in winding up the affairs of the deceased, and be prepared to pay an hourly rate.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 2/25/2015
James Law Group
James Law Group | Christine James
Contact the DMV on how to transfer the car.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 2/23/2015
Law Ofices of Edwin K. Niles | Edwin K. Niles
The DMV doesn't seem to check signatures. You could just sign the certificate the way it shows on the face, by (family member) and sell it.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 2/23/2015
Click to View More Answers: