What do we do and what can happen after my husband was involved in a car accident the both drivers died? 3 Answers as of February 06, 2014

This is in California. They were driving his grandson to a game. He was never involved in any accident and has a clear driving record.

Not able to answer. Who is he? Who are drivers? Who is at fault? If you have insurance, let them do their job. If other driver at fault, you or someone in your family may have a claim.
Frank Law Group, P.C.
Frank Law Group, P.C. | David E. Frank
If your husband was at fault, your auto insurance is key. The insurance company is obligated to pay up to the amount of coverage you have. Your personal assets may be subject to paying the losses if you don't have enough insurance. Although if your personal assets are meager, it may not matter since in that case, the victims' families will likely just settle for the auto insurance policy limit.
Pius Joseph A Professional Law Corp. | Pius Joseph
I am assuming that your husband was lucky and survived. You and your husband will have to file an action against the at fault driver, owner or both drivers depending on the facts of the case. I suggest you hire a lawyer if there are injuries involved.