What do I need to travel within the U.S. under the deferred action program? 10 Answers as of September 17, 2013

Hi there. I got approved under the deferred action program and wanted to visit family in Nevada. I also received my State Identification Card and SSN. My question is, what documents do I need to present at the airport before boarding the plane? Is it really necessary to get a copy of DACA approval? Hope this made sense. Thanks for your help .

All you need is a picture I.D.
Law Office of Adebola Asekun | Adebola O. Asekun
Depending on your state of residence, you can apply for a state driver's license or if you live in a state that does not grant driver's license for DACA aliens, you may apply for a non driver id once you have received your EAD work permit.
Mulder Law office, PA
Mulder Law office, PA | Kyndra L Mulder, Esquire
You will need a government issued ID to board the plane. I strongly suggest you carry evidence of your DACA approval as well.
Law Office of Rebecca White
Law Office of Rebecca White | Rebecca White
Your ID should be sufficient for travel within the U.S. You may want to have a copy of the approval with you just in case, but it should not be necessary.
Law Office of Pho Ethan Tran PLLC
Law Office of Pho Ethan Tran PLLC | Pho Ethan Tran
If you are only traveling within the United States, the only document that you will need in order to board a flight to Nevada is valid government identification.
    Walker & Ungo Law Firm
    Walker & Ungo Law Firm | Gabriela Ungo
    All you need is your State issued Drivers License to travel within the U.S.
    Immigration Law Offices, LLP
    Immigration Law Offices, LLP | Fakhrudeen Hussain
    To fly domestic all you need is a government issued ID.
    Law Office of Eric Fisher | Eric Fisher
    Your picture ID should be enough to board a domestic flight. The work card you received from USCIS should work.
    You will need government-issued photo identification to board the plane. This can include a state identification card or your employment authorization card. It is advisable to carry either your employment authorization card or deferred action approval notice as proof of your status in the country.
    Perez-Jenkins Law, LLC | Patricia Perez-Jenkins
    Travel within the US should only require your state ID. As an added precaution in case any questions arise, carrying a copy of the approved DACA application is always a good idea. I never recommend travel outside the US with DACA however.