What do I need to sponser my mom for immigration purposes? 2 Answers as of April 11, 2011

I am a US citizen. What documents do I need to sponsor my mom?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Nicastro Piscopo, APLC
Nicastro Piscopo, APLC | Louis M. Piscopo
What you need to do depends on whether your mother is in the US or outside the US. If in the US and she is eligible to adjust her status, you must file an I-130 petition for her and she can file an application for adjustment of status at the same time. You and she will then be interviewed by the USCIS. If she is outside the U.S., then you file an I-130 petition for her and she will need to immigrant visa process. She will then be interviewed at the US consulate in her home country.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 4/11/2011
Law Offices of Caro Kinsella
Law Offices of Caro Kinsella | Caro Kinsella, Esq.
You will need I-130 and I-485 (incl. I-765 + I-131)
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 4/11/2011
Click to View More Answers: