What do I need to file for residency? 4 Answers as of September 25, 2010

What do I need to file for residency if I was brought from Mexico when I was 3 years old. Now I want to get my GED and go to college for nursing. What can I do?

The short and long of the answer is, that depends. On one hand, no matter how long you have lived here, you are ineligible for legal residency, and cannot self-petition. However, there are instances where you may be qualified (could qualify under section 245i of the Immigration and Nationality Act. If you cannot qualify there, there may be instances where you could gain a green card through a spouse or children. That is an opportunity for a conference consulting with you about your case, in person or by phone. By all means give me a call or e-mail. Best to you.
JCS Immigration & Visa Law Office
JCS Immigration & Visa Law Office | Jack C. Sung
You will need to wait for the Dream Act. Or, you may get married to a US citizen and possibly obtain residency through marriage, if you had a prior petition that qualified you for 245i.
f you entered the US unlawfully and no one had ever previously filed a petition on your behalf, you probably cannot do anything to legalize your status within the US under the current immigration laws.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or how I can be of further assistance to you in this matter.