What do I need to do to see my kids? 5 Answers as of June 07, 2012

my husband has 2 kids that live in MN with their mother,we have tried so many tim es to see them but she does not allow him to do so because he is married and she is angry about that.she barely lets him speak to them on the phone.we send things that they may need in the mail to her because she does noit let him see them..but now after 4 yrs she has filed for child support against him.he has never been a deadbeat dad.what should we do now to make sure that he can see his kids?

The Martin Law Group
The Martin Law Group | Yolvondra Martin-Brown
If they were never married your husband needs to file action for legitimation seeking to become the children 's legal father and to seek regular visitation. I would also recommend he request a deviation in his child support to take into account the travel expenses he will incur.
Grace Law Offices of John F Geraghty Jr.
Grace Law Offices of John F Geraghty Jr. | John F. Geraghty, Jr.
Your question concerns visitation. The kids are in Minnesota with their mother, have been there for a few years and the dad has limited contact and now she proceeded with court order child support. I would need to know what the prior court orders have said concerning visitaion and is she in violation of them. He can answer the child support complaint, provide the court with his last 3 tx return and agree to pay support and ask for reasonable visitation.
Law Office Of Jody A. Miller
Law Office Of Jody A. Miller | Jody A. Miller
It depends on whether he was married to the mother or not and whether there is a custody order already in place. The child support issue would likely be handled in Georgia and any custody or visitation issues would be likely to be handled in MN. I would suggest talking with a MN family law attorney regarding visitation and a GA attorney if she has filed a child support action in GA.
Darrell B. Reynolds, P.C. | Darrell B. Reynolds
He needs an order for visitation.