What do I need to do to petition my immigration green card? 2 Answers as of June 02, 2011

Me and my family will go to Chicago as immigrants. But before that I am already pregnant and I’m planning to go back in Philippines once I got the green car and get married. How long it would take? What are the things to do to file a petition for him?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
World Esquire Law Firm
World Esquire Law Firm | Aime Katambwe
File form I-130 for him (www.uscis.gov ). You should be able to see what kind of documents you will need to file along with it on the form itself. When that form is approved, then USCIS will send it to the National Visa Center and they will hold it until the visa priority date (date USCIS received it) comes up and processing will begin. This process will take years depending on which country they are from. In that time, you can check this link to see where they are on the waiting list: http://travel.state.gov/visa/bulletin/bulletin_1360.html. Their category will be F2A. No one knows how long this will take. Good luck!
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 6/2/2011
Immigration Law Offices of Misiti Global, PLLC.
Immigration Law Offices of Misiti Global, PLLC. | Nicklaus Misiti
If you are a lawful resident and petition for you spouse it will take a number of years. If receive your green card and leave you want to make sure you possess the appropriate travel docs and don't leave the US for more than 6 months, as this could result in abandonment of your status. Speak with an attorney. For a free consultation you may contact my office.
Answer Applies to: New York
Replied: 6/2/2011
Click to View More Answers: