What do I need to do to help my status become legal? 1 Answers as of April 04, 2011

I came here on a H2B visa, but I fell in love and we got married. Now we have a son. Here is my question: I overstayed on my visa and want to make it right but I dont want to leave my family. What do I need to do to help my status become legal?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Nicastro Piscopo, APLC
Nicastro Piscopo, APLC | Louis M. Piscopo
If your spouse is a U.S. Citizen you are eligible to file for your Green Card here in the US since you last entered with a H2B visa. Your spouse needs to file an I-130 petition and your need to file an I-485 application. Both petitions/applications also require that you file other forms and documents. You should review the instructions for each of the forms to determine what you will have to file, what documents are required, and what are the filing fees.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 4/4/2011
Click to View More Answers: