What do I need to do to have custody of my kids? How? 7 Answers as of August 19, 2015

I have two very beautiful children that I could not financially take care of. I gave custody of them to their grandparents. Now I can take care of them. What do I need to do to get them back? I am having trouble being able to see them now. I have seen my daughter maybe 4 times and my son once a month.

Law Office of Martin A. Kahan | Martin A. Kahan
You need to provide more facts. Was there a legal guardianship established in court. If so, you have to file a petition to terminate the guardianship.
I'm assuming by your question that the grandparents have guardianship orders. You would have to file a motion under that case to request termination of the guardianship and the children to be returned your care. This may be a complicated legal issue that justifies the assistance of a qualified family law attorney.
Law Offices of Helene Ellenbogen, P.S.H | Helene Ellenbogen
You say you gave custody to the grandparents, but only a court can do that. So if there is a third party custody order in place and you have gotten your act together you can ask to modify the order and establish regular contact with the children with the potential of having them most of the time. The court may well order that the children continue to have regular contact with the grandparents. I suggest you get a lawyer.
Attorney at Law | Aimee C. Robbins
You have superior rights as their mother however you should enlist the help of legal counsel to regain custody.
Grace Law Offices of John F Geraghty Jr.
Grace Law Offices of John F Geraghty Jr. | John F. Geraghty, Jr.
Will need to change custody if you did this through court, if not they have no tight to keep them.
    Diane l. Berger | Diane L. Berger
    You don't really give enough information. Were your parental rights terminated?: If they were, there is little if anything you can do. Did you grant a guardianship? If that is what occurred you have a very good chance of getting them back.
    See an attorney, was there an order granting their custody to the grandparents?