What do I need to do to give property over to someone else? 11 Answers as of July 22, 2011

I want to give up rights to 1/2 property recently inherited. I want the other beneficiary to get it all. I am having trouble finding an attorney to help with this.

Asset Protection and Elder Law Center
Asset Protection and Elder Law Center | Shadi Alai-Shaffer
Why are you having trouble finding an attorney? That is odd. You need a legal document that clearly states what you are inheriting and that you are freely giving up your right to this asset/inheritance, etc.... I suggest you get this document notarized. I highly suggest you seek legal assistance with this as you want to make sure you do it properly and that the transfer is legally valid.
Steven J. Fromm
Steven J. Fromm | Steven J. Fromm & Associates, P.C.
You need to explore the possibility of what is called a qualified disclaimer. There are various federal and state rules that must be met for your disclaimer to be qualified.
Apple Law Firm PLLC
Apple Law Firm PLLC | David Goldman
There are several ways of doing this. Some can have adverse tax consequences.
You will need to either disclaim your inheritance or gift the property to your sibling if you have already received it. There is usually a form that you can use on the Courts website.
Raxter Law
Raxter Law | Jeremiah Raxter
Depending on how recently you inherited the property, or if you haven't accepted the gift you can disclaim your interest. Without more facts it is impossible to give you a clear answer. Good luck in your search for an attorney.
    David Hoines Law
    David Hoines Law | David Hoines
    That is easy. I assume it is real estatesign a quit claim deed to other beneficiary
    Givner & Kaye
    Givner & Kaye | Bruce Givner
    If it is real property, you need to fill out a grant deed transferring the property to the other person. Also, if it is California real property, you will need to fill out a PCOR (preliminary change of ownership report) which will determine whether the property taxes will change. If it is another type of property, the manner of transfer will depend upon the nature of the property. Depending upon the value of the property, you may need to file a gift tax return. That is the only generalization I can provide to your general question.
    Law Offices of Timothy G. Kearney, LLC
    Law Offices of Timothy G. Kearney, LLC | Timothy G. Kearney
    I'm not sure why you are having problems getting this accomplished. If the property has already been devised to you you can simply transfer it to the other party. If it is still in probate you can disclaim your interest.
    Hopefully you disclaimed it before you received it. That would usually be best. Many attorneys can handle this. I have done it frequently, and it should be easy to find a lawyer who can help.