What do I need to do to get someone a temporary visa to visit me in the US? 4 Answers as of July 15, 2011

I haven't seen my cousin in 15 years and I would like to have him come and stay with me to visit for a while. What do I need to do. Where do I go to get paperwork for this

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
World Esquire Law Firm
World Esquire Law Firm | Aime Katambwe
The best place to start is the US Consulate where your cousin is. Get on that consulate's website and look through the requirements for a nonimmigrant visa. You should have all the forms and acceptable documentation, as well as procedure available to you on that website. Good luck!
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 7/15/2011
Fong & Associates
Fong & Associates | William D. Fong
Depending on what country your cousin is from, he would need to either register ESTA or apply for a B-2 visitor visa. Go the the US State Department website at www.travel.state.gov for detailed information about the visa application process, supporting documents and fees.
Answer Applies to: Texas
Replied: 7/15/2011
Law Office of Christine Troy
Law Office of Christine Troy | Christine Troy
Depending on where your cousin is from he either uses the ESTA online program or files for a B-2 visa at his US consulate. That can be tricky because he needs to show he or she will leave the US when they are told to do so. Please visit my website at www.troylaw.net and click on B-2 visitor visas. Also, on my homepage you can get to the US consulate in question. Look at what they will require your cousin to show, as these cases are very specific to each consulate.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 7/14/2011
Reza Athari & Associates, PLLC
Reza Athari & Associates, PLLC | Reza Athari
For a tourist visa, you can do very little in the US. The applicant must appear in person, convince the US consular officer of his/her ability to fund the trip, intention to go back timely and have enough ties to the home country.
Answer Applies to: Nevada
Replied: 7/14/2011
Click to View More Answers: