What do I need to do to evict my stepfather from my mother’s home? 3 Answers as of April 04, 2017

My mother passed away approximately one year ago. Currently, I reside in the home she purchased (as a single unmarried woman). My stepfather also resides in the home and just recently tried to sell the home without my knowledge, and was not able to do so. Stepfather has since remarried and I know that he would like to bring is new wife to live in my mother’s home.

Talk to a real estate attorney. You must first serve a notice to quit and then bring an Unlawful Detainer case.
Did Mom have a will? A trust? Was the house fully paid before marriage? How does title stand? We need these questions answered before we can advise.
Was her estate probated so title to the property was transferred? Even though she owned the property before she was married, he still might have a community interest as to the payments jointly made while they were married. If he has any legal interest in the property, an owner can not evict another owner in possession of the house. You need to be sure that the local recorder's office shows you have a legal interest in the property.