What do I need to do to bring my husband back to the United States if he was deported? 8 Answers as of June 14, 2011

My husband was deported and I just want to know if going and remarrying him in Mexico will help him come back. I am already married legally to him in the US but when he was deported we lost everything and I moved with my family. He has two children here and am not sure what will help bring him back.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Oltarsh and Associates, PC
Oltarsh and Associates, PC | Jennifer Oltarsh
Why was your husband deported? If you are already married, you need not remarry. You should call me to help. I have been in practice in the immigration field for more than 40 years. I have handled cases with experience, integrity, and good effect. Please call me to discuss your case. The assigned number for your free case evaluation: 0613d. We offer payment plans with no interest.
Answer Applies to: New York
Replied: 6/14/2011
Eric M. Mark, Attorney at Law
Eric M. Mark, Attorney at Law | Eric Mark
A divorce and re-marriage will not change anything. It depends why he was deported, how long ago and how it has affected your family. You need to consult with an immigration attorney to provide more detail if you are really looking to bring him back.
Answer Applies to: New Jersey
Replied: 6/13/2011
Fong & Associates
Fong & Associates | William D. Fong
It depends on the underlying basis for the deportation.
Answer Applies to: Texas
Replied: 6/13/2011
The Jarrett Firm, LLC
The Jarrett Firm, LLC | Patrick Jarrett
Whether you have any options will be dependent upon the circumstances surrounding his deportation. Without knowing what he was deported for, it is not possible to provide you with an adequate response. If you are a US Citizen, you may have some options to petition for him. Further, there are waiver options for people who have been deported, but they must qualify for the waiver. If you already have a valid marriage, remarrying him in Mexico will not help. I suggest you speak with an immigration attorney about the facts of your case to determine what your options are.
Answer Applies to: Georgia
Replied: 6/10/2011
Theresa E. Tilton, Attorney at Law
Theresa E. Tilton, Attorney at Law | Theresa E. Tilton
If he was deported, you will not improve the situation by re-marrying him in Mexico. It was known to USCIS when they deported him that he was married with two children. You have asked this same question, in different forms, several days in a a row. You need to see a lawyer for a confidential interview. Give the lawyer all the facts, and take the legal advice to heart. It may be that if you want to continue living with him, it will have to be in his country.
Answer Applies to: Washington
Replied: 6/10/2011
    Lyttle Law Firm, PLLC
    Lyttle Law Firm, PLLC | Daniella Lyttle
    You may be able to file a petition for permission to re-apply for admission. These types of cases are tough to win and you will have to hire an immigration lawyer. Unfortunately, those types of cases are so fact-intensive and fact-dependent that this is not the best forum to get your answer. You will need to consult with a lawyer.
    Answer Applies to: Texas
    Replied: 6/10/2011
    Calderón Seguin PLC
    Calderón Seguin PLC | Ofelia L. Calderon
    The basic answer is that you need to file a new petition for your husband and then he will probably need a couple of waivers, at least one for his order of deportation (the I-212, application for permission to apply for admission after deportation) and possibly another for whatever the reason he was deported for. You do not need to get re-married. Your marriage remains legal and valid unless you took some sort of action to get divorced. I don't know what the reason for his deportation was so that may also play a factor. As I have said before in other posts, deportations are complicated matters and are usually best addressed in a personalized consultation with an experienced attorney.
    Answer Applies to: Virginia
    Replied: 6/10/2011
    Law Office of Immigration & International Trade Law
    Law Office of Immigration & International Trade Law | Linda Liang
    it depends on the reasons he is deported.
    Answer Applies to: Florida
    Replied: 6/10/2011
Click to View More Answers: