What do I need to do if I can't catch up with the payments? 6 Answers as of May 24, 2013

I am divorced and remarried. My ex husband remained in our house and let it go into foreclosure. He was working on a loan re-modification and I signed an agreement for a quit claim. He has now died and I am not sure what if anything I need to do. I can't afford to catch up the payments.

Law Office of D.L. Drain, P.A.
Law Office of D.L. Drain, P.A. | Diane L. Drain
Meet with an experienced real estate lawyer licensed in the state where you live and the property is located.
Ronald Main & Associates | Tracian M. Laignel
You do not need to do anything. Just let the house go through the foreclosure process. His estate can worry about it. If you are concerned that you may be financially responsible you are not as you gave up any interest in the home via the quit claim deed.
Frank Law Group, P.C.
Frank Law Group, P.C. | David E. Frank
There are several issues you need to be aware of if the property is in CA. Best to consult with a Ca. lawyer who specializes in this area. A $295 - $350 one-hour consult will be all you need to get your questions answered. If the attorney is going to charge you a lot more, find someone else.
Stacy Joel Safion, Esq.
Stacy Joel Safion, Esq. | Stacy Joel Safion
Short sell the property
If you quit claimed the deed to him then you are no longer an owner and unless you are the heir of his estate, there is nothing you can do quickly.
    Law Offices of Daniel J Winter
    Law Offices of Daniel J Winter | Daniel J Winter
    There are many facts that need to be reviewed, and it is important to consult with an attorney to discuss your options, and whether you are responsible on the mortgage and note.