What do I need so I can marry my deported babys father? 6 Answers as of January 27, 2011

I am 18 my baby’s dad is 25 n we have been together for 5 years are daughter is 1 an a half years old and she needs here dad and I need him to so what can I do to marry him or get him back to the us? My babys dad got deported for a old speeding ticket and he missed his court because he could not find the building so they deported him I really have no idea what to do I do not have a lot of money but I am willing to do whatever I can to help him.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Feldman Feldman & Associates, PC
Feldman Feldman & Associates, PC | Lynne Feldman
There is a procedure where you can sponsor him for an immigrant visa and it will require a waiver. This is a complex procedure and needs to be done right to be successful otherwise you are wasting your money. There are some pro bono and low bono organizations that are reputable where are you located. If you want more information on what we can do and our fees, contact me directly.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 1/27/2011
Law Office of Michael E. Hendrickson
Law Office of Michael E. Hendrickson | Michael E. Hendrickson
No, if he's been deported, chances are you're not going to bring him back to this country anytime soon, at least not for 10 years or so. If you want to be with him sooner on a regular basis, you had best plan on moving to the county where he currently resides.
Answer Applies to: Virginia
Replied: 1/24/2011
Hugo Florido ESQ.
Hugo Florido ESQ. | Hugo Florido
You can marry him where is lives presumably since he can't enter the U.S... You can the file an I-130 Petition for him along with an I-212 waiver. It will then be up to the Attorney General to allow him back if he is still barred from returning.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 1/22/2011
Law Office of Immigration & International Trade Law
Law Office of Immigration & International Trade Law | Linda Liang
It sounds odd to me that your baby's father was deported for a speeding ticket because speeding is not moral turpitude. If your baby's father chose voluntary leave then you can get him here based on a persuasive petition. If he did not, a waiver for immigration bar should be obtained, along with your petition. Your case does not sound like a straight forward one. You should hire a lawyer for sure. Good luck!
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 1/21/2011
Calderón Seguin PLC
Calderón Seguin PLC | Ofelia L. Calderon
In most scenarios when someone has been deported and wants to come back, the following steps must be taken:

You must go there and get married. You must file an I-130 petition on his behalf. You must complete all consular processing. When he is scheduled for an interview for the visa, he will need to submit at least one waiver, possibly more. For sure he needs a waiver for the prior order of deportation and probably he needs a waiver for the illegal time he was here. There may be more but I can't tell from your post.

These are not easy cases. If you are committed to this route, you must find a good immigration attorney to help you to do this.
Answer Applies to: Virginia
Replied: 1/21/2011
    Nicastro Piscopo, APLC
    Nicastro Piscopo, APLC | Louis M. Piscopo
    You have to travel to where he is living and marry him. Once you marry him you can petition him by filing an I-130 and eventually he can apply for an immigrant visa at the U.S. consulate where he lives. Since he was in the U.S. previously and was deported he will never to file both an I-212 and an I-601 waiver to be able to return to the U.S. All of this will take at least one year to be processed. Also, there is no guarantee that the I-212 and I-601 waivers will be granted. If not granted he will not be able to come to the U.S.
    Answer Applies to: California
    Replied: 1/21/2011
Click to View More Answers: