What do I need for my I-130 immigration interview? 7 Answers as of January 17, 2011

I filed i-130 for my father on Aug 20. My mother died 7 years ago, and my father has remarried 7 years ago. When I filled the I-130 form I did mention that he is married, but I put my mom info on the second page as a wife and did not mention that my mom is dead or his new wife name. they transfer the file from San Francisco to Texas on November 11 during that time I moved to a new house and they sent me a letter that was returned to them, and sent me an Ar-11 form. I changed the address online. I called to ask why the file was transferred the officer told me that the immigration stopped processing the application, and it was returned to San Francisco and will request me for an interview because they think something wrong in the application. What should I do I need to take lawyer to interview?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Carlos E. Sandoval, P.A.
Carlos E. Sandoval, P.A. | Carlos Sandoval
They do interviews in all these cases, so it does not mean that something is wrong. It's always a good idea to contact a lawyer to make sure you have all the documents required and nothing is missing.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 1/17/2011
Feldman Feldman & Associates, PC
Feldman Feldman & Associates, PC | Lynne Feldman
I would at least review the I-130 with an immigration attorney even if you do not want to spend the money to have an attorney accompany you to the interview. Bring a certified or original copy of your Mom's death certificate, your birth certificate , and your parents' marriage certificate to show they were married when you were born. If you have any criminal record you need to discuss this with the attorney.

I would be happy to assist with your case. We do charge for consultations $350 per hour - but whatever you pay for the consultation would then be a credit toward the fees for your case if we are retained for further work on your behalf after the consultation.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 1/4/2011
The Vega Law Firm
The Vega Law Firm | Linda Vega
I would suggest that you visit an Immigration Attorney and have that attorney amend the I-485 prior to your interview. It is important to be truthful with all of the information on the application.

If this is not a material error then the amendment should cure the problem.
Answer Applies to: Texas
Replied: 1/4/2011
Nicastro Piscopo, APLC
Nicastro Piscopo, APLC | Louis M. Piscopo
Unless filed with an application for Adjustment of Status (Form I-485), the USCIS very rarely schedules I-130 interviews for petitions filed by U.S. Citizens for their parents. Therefore, if they are scheduling an interview for the petition I strongly recommend you hire an immigration attorney regarding the case since the USCIS must believe that there is something wrong.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 1/4/2011
Calderón Seguin PLC
Calderón Seguin PLC | Ofelia L. Calderon
Yes, if you have any doubts, you should contact an attorney and take one with you.
Answer Applies to: Virginia
Replied: 1/4/2011
    JCS Immigration & Visa Law Office
    JCS Immigration & Visa Law Office | Jack C. Sung
    You should take an attorney with you to the interview. However, it seems that your father's case needs to be discussed with USCIS.
    Answer Applies to: California
    Replied: 1/4/2011
    Law Office of Immigration & International Trade Law
    Law Office of Immigration & International Trade Law | Linda Liang
    You should hire a professional to be with you in an Interview because it looks like USCIS officer is under impression you are lying. I am pretty sure other part of petition must be under close examination.
    Answer Applies to: Florida
    Replied: 1/4/2011
Click to View More Answers: