What do I legally do if I am a total temporary disabled and am not receiving benefits? 11 Answers as of March 07, 2014

I had to dismiss my first Attorney and now have a second one and am still not getting the level of help that I feel I deserve. My second surgery was recommended 11/12 and was finally approved through a QME 12/13. I have no income at all due to poor representation, have lost my home and my husband through this. I have been in the same field for over 30 years.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Offices of Ronald A. Steinberg & Associates | Ronald A. Steinberg, BA, MA, JD
What do you think that you deserve? Why are you disabled? Can you prove medically that you are disabled? If this is due to workplace injuries, you have to wade through the process of pursuing a workers compensation case, and your case in no more important than any other comp case.
Answer Applies to: Michigan
Replied: 3/7/2014
KEYL ADR Services, LLC | Mark D. Keyl
Since you are represented, it would be inappropriate to respond. Please ask your lawyer this question.
Answer Applies to: Mississippi
Replied: 3/7/2014
Paul Whitfield and Associates P.A.
Paul Whitfield and Associates P.A. | Paul L. Whitfield
You don't provide much info. Who is it you think ought to be looking out for you and why? You complain about 2 lawyers already. Why would you not complain about the third and fourth? You need someone to examine what you think is a claim and tell you the truth.
Answer Applies to: North Carolina
Replied: 3/7/2014
Ty Wilson Law
Ty Wilson Law | Ty Wilson
The only thing you can do is file a hearing but you will need to do this with your attorney. I am sorry to hear about what this work injury has cost you in personal assets and personal relationships. You need to have a heart to heart with the attorney, if they will not speak with you, you need to schedule an appointment in their office for their undivided attention to determine and understand where you are and where you are going with this claim. Sometimes, the Employer/Insurer fight even though they know they must pay. They know this causes financial stress and they know that it puts pressure on you to settle your claim to live. It is unfair and a real problem with the system. However, the system is controlled by the insurance companies who help contribute vast sums of money to the legislature to pass laws in favor of the insurance companies and employers. Injured workers do not have money to fund political campaigns and political ambitions so there is no one fighting hard for the injured worker. Your attorney is the one who needs to fight for you within the confines of the law. I do wish you luck in getting your injury treated and getting your life back. Remember it is just a set back, do not let this determine and wreck your life permanently, keep your head up.
Answer Applies to: Georgia
Replied: 3/7/2014
Andrew T. Velonis, P.C.
Andrew T. Velonis, P.C. | Andrew Velonis
Apply for SSD, if you are denied, appeal. Do you have availability of disability through your most recent employment? Apply for public assistance as well. Knock on every door, explore every avenue. But, be sure to disclose that you are making parallel claims so you don't get accused of double-dipping.
Answer Applies to: New York
Replied: 3/7/2014
    I do not understand your question or the terms you use. I know of no remedy available to you under GA law. I think you have asked a question for advice that is not related to the law.
    Answer Applies to: Georgia
    Replied: 3/7/2014
    Law Offices of George H. Shers | George H. Shers
    Tell your attorney you want to know why you are not receiving any benefits [in California there is a cap on how many weeks of TTD you can get].
    Answer Applies to: California
    Replied: 3/6/2014
    Pius Joseph A Professional Law Corp. | Pius Joseph
    Sorry to hear about your situation. Although it may be easy to change attorneys, it may not be the solution. Workers Comp has become a terrible system wherein employer/insurance will need certification for all procedures, will continue to deny benefits and refuse to pay your TD benefits until it reaches trial. You cannot really get a case to trial and get results unless you have ratable reports. Meanwhile you are stuck in the system with no help. You may want to try to resolve the case if the QME report gives you a rating. If it says you are not P&S then you may want to get some EDD assistance. Good Luck.
    Answer Applies to: California
    Replied: 3/6/2014
    Fox & Fox, S.C. | Richard F. Rice
    Contact another attorney.
    Answer Applies to: Wisconsin
    Replied: 3/6/2014
    James E. Hasser, Jr. P.C.
    James E. Hasser, Jr. P.C. | Jim Hasser
    You have a lawyer. You need to consult him or her. Good luck.
    Answer Applies to: Alabama
    Replied: 3/6/2014
    Bretz & Young
    Bretz & Young | Matthew L. Bretz
    Who is your attorney? There are a few good ones out there but an awful lot of bad ones.
    Answer Applies to: Kansas
    Replied: 3/6/2014
Click to View More Answers: