What do I have to do to get divorced asap and how long will the process be before I can finally be divorced? 1 Answers as of July 14, 2017

I am married and live in another state now since 12/27/2015. I had started the process but decided to give it one more chance so I stopped it. I told the judge and never went back. It was a very abusive relationship so it didn’t work out. I moved here to get away from him. When I filed for my divorce, I filed for custody because I have a daughter and I thought she was his but we had a court ordered DNA test and turns out she is not his. However, when my daughter was born, I was still legally married to my first husband shortly after I was divorced from him. He says he will not sign the divorce papers if I file and says he’s going to drag it out as long as he can.

Peyton and Associates | Barbara Peyton
In California, it takes 180 days from the day the other side is served with papers.