What do I have to do to bring my boyfriend to live with me in the states if I am a citizen? 8 Answers as of January 24, 2011

I am a US citizen born and I have been wondering what must I do to bring my boyfriend of almost 3 years to come live with me. He lives in the Dominican Republic. Work and school does not allow me to travel as much to see him. We really just want to be together, have our own family without having distance get in the way of all that . So I am just asking for your help because I am completely loss and unaware of this whole process. Please and Thank you!

Assuming you have had at least one face-to-face meeting with him you could bring him here as a fianc. You must intend to marry within 90 days as he will only get a 90 day permission to be here. If you are not ready to get married you can explore other nonimmigrant options for him to come here such as on a student visa, temporary work visa if eligible, etc.

Contact me as indicated below to obtain the procedures for this process and a fee quote or to set up a paid consultation (will be credited toward the fees for your case) to get more details on your specific case.
Law Office of Baoqin Wang
Law Office of Baoqin Wang | Baoqin Wang
You can file for fianc visa for him, and once he is in the US, you need to get married within 90 days of his entry. You need to file for green card application after you get married.

You can also marry him in Dominican republic first and then file for green card for him.

If you need attorneys assistance for your familys immigration needs, please send us a separate email. Best regards.
JCS Immigration & Visa Law Office
JCS Immigration & Visa Law Office | Jack C. Sung
You can petition your boyfriend for a fiance visa but you must met with him in person at least once in the last 2 years. The process will take 6 to 8 months complete form Dominic Republic. Please contact me if you wish to start the application process.
If you two have physically met with in the last 2 years you can file a fiance visa petition (Form I-129F) for him. Once he is here you must marry within 90 days and then he can apply for adjustment of status to obtain his Green Card. The process should take 6-9 months.
Carlos E. Sandoval, P.A.
Carlos E. Sandoval, P.A. | Carlos Sandoval
It seems that he would qualify for a fiance visa to come to the United States.
    Calderón, Racine & Derwin PLC
    Calderón, Racine & Derwin PLC | Ofelia L. Calderon
    If you are bringing your boyfriend permanently, you can file for a fiancee visa. You need to have seen each other in the last two years and you must complete form I-129F. Be sure to read the instructions closely. Once the fiancee visa is issued, you must get married within 90 days and then your boyfriend/husband must apply for permanent residence. Otherwise, you can also go there, get married, and then apply for an immigrant visa for your husband.
    You can apply in his behalf for a K-1 fiance visa. Once he is here, you'll then have 90 days to marry him.
    You should hire an attorney to file petition on behalf of you for him. It is important to make things right otherwise you will be denied even if your relationship is solid.