What do I do to get my vehicle back after I filed chapter 13 and surrendered my van as lender did not want to negotiate the payment or interest? 5 Answers as of March 09, 2016

I filed on October 2014. It’s been 16 months and they have not picked up vehicle. I was going to let my niece take it to drive. What can I do to gain it back? They have abandoned the vehicle and costing me to store it.

You an drive it as long as it is registered and insured. Don't be surprised if they never come and get it.
First things first: check with your lawyer He or she may be able to work out a way of forcing the creditor to abandon the car. Perhaps by charging them for storage. Good Luck.
You need to work out a deal with the lender through the Chapter 13 plan.
Eranthe Law Firm
Eranthe Law Firm | Cate Eranthe
What you describe is a problem. You can't "get it back." You can drive it and make sure you keep up the registration and insurance or you can use someone like Collateral Services. They will pick up the car, hold it in their lot, and release it to the creditor on payment of towing and storage. If the creditor doesn't want it, they auction it.
So if you still have the vehicle, why are you asking about getting it back? If you have changed your mind, you can submit a modified plan to pay for it and keep it.