What do I do now that my TN extension has expired? Posted on April 17, 2011

My employer applied for my TN extension - when I came in to the US I was granted only 1 year as my passport was expiring. While I was waiting for my renewal to come through, I decided to leave my employer. My challenges are as follows: 1) What happens to my TN application and how long am I allowed to stay in the US - my employer said I can stay for 240 days.. 2) Since my visa expired and my driver's license is valid to the date of the visa, DMV won’t renew the lic. Here's the kicker....I bought a car that I have to get registered but I cant do so without a lic! What can be done in this instance? 3) What do I do when I have a new employer? As you guys can see. This is a real mess! Any help / advice is welcome!

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Click to View More Answers: