What do I do next if I got injured at work and still having complications but the doctor put me back on regular work duty? 15 Answers as of January 21, 2014

I injured my wrist at work.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Doroshow, Pasquale, Krawitz & Bhaya | Donald E. Marston
That depends on which doctor sent you back to work: yours or the company doctor?
Answer Applies to: Delaware
Replied: 1/21/2014
Peters Law, PLLC
Peters Law, PLLC | Mark T. Peters, Sr.
Get another doctor's opinion.
Answer Applies to: Idaho
Replied: 1/21/2014
Pete Leehey Law Firm, P.C.
Pete Leehey Law Firm, P.C. | Pete Leehey
Ask the insurance company for a second opinion. If they say no, call a workers' compensation lawyer.
Answer Applies to: Iowa
Replied: 1/21/2014
You need to file a claim for worker's compensation benefits that cover temporary disability benefits , ongoing medical treatment and a settlement for permanent disability and future medical care.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 1/21/2014
Candiano Law Office
Candiano Law Office | Charles J. Candiano
Hire an attorney and get a second opinion from a respected orthopaedic surgeon AFTER consulting with your attorney. Company doctors have marching orders to return injured workers to work ASAP. This often backfires by worsening the injury. You CANNOT fight this alone or your benefits will stop. Hiring an experienced attorney on an Illinois WC case is an absolute no-brainer because they will add value to your case far beyond the fee AND save you a world of trouble. Get the help you need. Find an experienced Workers' Compensation attorney on Law QA. Attorneys on Law QA want to help you but they are NOT permitted to solicit your business.
Answer Applies to: Illinois
Replied: 1/20/2014
    Paul Whitfield and Associates P.A.
    Paul Whitfield and Associates P.A. | Paul L. Whitfield
    You have a comp case. most comp drs want you back at work. That is how they get more business. See your own dr and make sure you ask for a hearing. Get you a comp lawyer.
    Answer Applies to: North Carolina
    Replied: 1/20/2014
    The Law Office of Stephen R. Chesley, LLC
    The Law Office of Stephen R. Chesley, LLC | Stephen R. Chesley
    If you did not seek legal representation you should. Even though you return to work you are still entitle to medical benefits.
    Answer Applies to: New York
    Replied: 1/20/2014
    Lombardi Law Firm
    Lombardi Law Firm | Steve Lombardi
    You only have two options in Iowa. 1. Complain and persuade the adjuster and/or the treating physician to look at it again or to allow you a second opinion. Or, 2 go out and get a another opinion from a doctor that expresses a new or changed diagnosis, treatment and work restrictions. Without that you just go back to work. Have you hired an attorney to help you with the claim? If so does your lawyer not understand what he/she should do? Go get a new one. If you don't go hire one. Why? Because your options require legal paperwork to be filed, it is an alt. care hearing petition. But first maybe you can get the medical opinion you need and perhaps if you have health insurance you can use it to pay for another opinion.
    Answer Applies to: Iowa
    Replied: 1/20/2014
    Pius Joseph A Professional Law Corp. | Pius Joseph
    You have a workers compensation claim and was likely seen by employer's doctor.Typically those mills have no regard for employees's condition and will sign off employees to go back to work. If you have real problems with your injury you need to hire a lawyer, get a new primary treating physician., Since Governor Arnold changed the WC law, you can only treat with an insurance approved MPN (member provider Network) doctor. Generally workers comp. claim is along road,but you should get legal help if you are in need of it.
    Answer Applies to: California
    Replied: 1/20/2014
    Ty Wilson Law
    Ty Wilson Law | Ty Wilson
    You need to change physicians. You get one change on the panel if they have one. If they do not have a panel, you may be able to select the doctor of your choice. If you have received any income benefits or checks you maybe entitled to an IME independent medical examination paid for by the insurance company.
    Answer Applies to: Georgia
    Replied: 1/17/2014
    Law Offices of Ronald A. Steinberg & Associates | Ronald A. Steinberg, BA, MA, JD
    First, you have a workers compensation case. You need a lawyer who has access to a doctor who will look at your case with your best interest at heart. The doctor that your company sent you to is a "rent a whore" who gets paid to find reasons to destroy your case.
    Answer Applies to: Michigan
    Replied: 1/17/2014
    Andrew T. Velonis, P.C.
    Andrew T. Velonis, P.C. | Andrew Velonis
    You have to at least try to go back to work. If you can't do the job, then you'll have to stop and go back to the dr.
    Answer Applies to: New York
    Replied: 1/17/2014
    Law Offices Of Lawrence J Signore
    Law Offices Of Lawrence J Signore | Lawrence Signore
    Rhode Island Workers' Compensation Law is a highly specialized area of personal injury law. You should consider consulting with an attorney that regularly appears before the Rhode Island Workers' Compensation Court.
    Answer Applies to: Rhode Island
    Replied: 1/17/2014
    James E. Hasser, Jr. P.C.
    James E. Hasser, Jr. P.C. | Jim Hasser
    Your options are to keep working and if you have any problems, go back to the Dr. In Alabama, the employer has the first choice of physician, but the employee has a right to a second opinion. Your other choice is to seek a second opinion.
    Answer Applies to: Alabama
    Replied: 1/17/2014
    Law Offices of George H. Shers | George H. Shers
    You may have some pain but are able to do the job duties. You do not state what the situation is. Probably you should see another Dr. by asking the insurance company or going on your own. If they are serious wrist problems and you feel the insurance company is not being co-operative, you should probably go to a Workers' Compensation attorney.
    Answer Applies to: California
    Replied: 1/17/2014
Click to View More Answers:
12 3 Free Legal QuestionsConnect with a local attorney