What do I do in order to work in the US? 1 Answers as of August 12, 2010

I live in the UK but have family in New York City who can hire me for a job. What do I need to do in order to get a working visa? Is the assistance of an American attorney necessary to get everything filed away?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Pacifica Legal Services
Pacifica Legal Services | Floyd Fernandez
Dear Sir or Madam,

The short answer to your question is maybe, but you probably could obtain your visa. There are open doors to getting legal residency through an employer, but you have to have the qualifications in order for both you and your family members company. They have to get qualified, or be qualified already with a labor certification from the U.S. Labor Department, Go ahead and contact me via e-mail if you want to speak further, and we can arrange a telephone conference meeting, or we can meet in person if you are in Los Angeles. I hope for the best for you and your family.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 8/12/2010
Click to View More Answers: