What do I do if the police officer wrote the wrong traffic ticket? Posted on August 16, 2011

I was recently pulled over for driving without my headlights on; however, the officer made a mistake and wrote me down for the wrong citation. On the ticket he wrote 22400(a)(I) VC (non-correctable infraction). (which is for impeding/blocking traffic, which definitely did not happen) My question is- is there anything I can do to dismiss this ticket? Should I take it to the court office and explain the situation to the clerk? or should I just plead not guilty and tell the judge what happened? I'm also considering writing a Trial by Written Declaration, if it might help.Thank you in advance for your input.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Click to View More Answers: